Almost every Smartphone user is familiar with the name of, if not using it actively, WhatsApp. It is an application that allows Smartphone users to send messages including video and audio clips to other users active on the same service. WhatsApp Messenger emerged in 2009 and kept growing with more and more Smartphone users subscribed to the service, today WhatsApp has over 250 million users. This service is free for an entire year after which the user is charged $ 0.99 per annum which is not much for a service like this.
WhatsApp now can be used from a PC provided you follow the steps given here in this article to get WhatsApp for your PC or Windows. It is not coming from the official website but no need to worry since the process is tested and seemed to work fine. It’s time to enjoy free SMS on your PC, just follow the instructions.
Tutorial to Run/Install WhatsApp on PC
Follow the instructions given carefully to prevent any unwanted issues:
- To run WhatsApp or any other Android App for that matter, you need to get an Android Emulator first.
- Download Bluestacks (Windows & MAC OS) and run the emulator.
- After successful download, follow the guidelines that appear on the screen.
- To access WhatsApp app, use the search option and click on WhatsApp icon.
- WhatsApp will be downloaded and installed.
You may get the ‘WhatsApp APK’ file also once you have downloaded the Emulator.
If you don’t wish to get things done through Emulator, you may use a direct download link for WhatsApp but finding the correct link might take a lot of time as majority of them don’t work. Once you have located and downloaded the file, you can simply click the file for installation.
What does WhatsApp for PC offer for you?
A number of useful features are offered if you like to stay in touch and know more about what is going on with your contacts.
- Free SMS as many as you want as main feature of WhatsApp Messenger.
- You can send Video and Audio clips to your contacts.
- You can also send SMS to contacts that do not have this messenger, but the number of these SMS is limited to a hundred.
- You can also create a profile and upload it to your Messenger.
The only drawback is your phone contacts are not imported automatically rather you have to add each contact manually. That can get a bit demanding. Other than that, everything works fine in WhatsApp for PC.