Yes! It’s Possible to Downgrade iOS 8.0.2 to 7.1.2 and Jailbreaking it with Pangu
Users are complaining about newly released iOS 8 and its sub versions, we’ve seen this traditionally that iOS firmwares always have bugs until their final version releases. I’m happy with iOS 8’s features but I’ve decided to wait until its perfect version hits the iOS devices. After enjoying iOS 8 and 8.0.2, I’ve downgraded to iOS 8.0.2 to iOS 7.1.2, because I’m missing the jailbreak.
iOS 8 still isn’t as much handy as a jailbroken iOS, also I got back all of the tweaks and apps on my iDevice with this tweaks backup and restore guide.
Important Note: Apple’s servers are allowing users to downgrade to iOS 7.1.2 from iOS 8x, because of the bugs available in iOS 8x, after the release of a perfect iOS 8x firmware, the downgrading will be prohibited by Apple. So, don’t waste your time and downgrade and jailbreak your iDevice with pangu. Moreover, currently no jailbreak is available for iOS 8, it will take some time, the users on iOS 8x firmwares have to wait for hackers to release a jailbreak for iOS 8.
Downgrade Process of iOS 8.0.2 to iOS 7.1.2
- First take backup of your iDevice to play safe and download iOS 7.1.2 from here.
- Connect your iDevice with PC via USB cable and open iTunes. You must have the latest version of iTunes.
- Now open your iDevice’s interface and you will see the option to “restore iPhone”, press shift and click in Windows PC and in Mac press alt and click on this button. Now select the downloaded iOS 7.1.2 file and open it.
- A pop-up will appear and ask for proceeding further, click on “restore” button and allow iTunes to proceed further. During the restoration process don’t disconnect your iDevice.
Now you’ve successfully downgraded to iOS 7.1.2, now it’s time to jailbreak it with pangu.
Jailbreak the Downgraded iOS 7.1.2 device with pangu
- Download the latest version of pangu from here.
- Open it and connect your iDevice with computer and wait for pangu to detect your device.
- When it will detect your device, press the “jailbreak” button and set your iDevice’s date to 02/06/2014.
- When the processing bar will reach in the middle, pangu’s icon will be shown on your iDevice’s home screen, tap on it.
- After few seconds of tapping the icon, your device will reboot and now you’re required to stay away from your iDevice.
- After rebooting several times, your device will be jailbroken. But below are some precautions you’ve to take before downgrading or jailbreaking your iDevice.
- Don’t touch your device during both processes and don’t disconnect it from your PC until the process completes.
- Turn off any other software that can create conflicts with iTunes and pangu tool.
- Use a good IP changer software to avoid any iTunes error including error 3004.
- Don’t try to jailbreak your iOS 8 device, it can put you in trouble.
If you’ve something else running in your mind about downgrading iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2 or also about jailbreaking it with pangu, then let me know via commenting on this article.
Important Update #1: Sorry guys! The time is over now, Apple has restricted iOS users from downgrading their iOS 8.x.x to iOS 7.1.2, the above tutorial is no longer valid. Moreover, iH8sn0w also confirmed this in his tweet, check out the below image: